I think I read on Phoronix.com that AMD will release new processors then. I’m to cheap to buy anything other then AMD. I’d rather wait. My motherboard might fail before then though, it’s a Biostar. The built in ethernet doesn’t work on it, I use a PCI Intel network card. Think I bought it used on eBay. Should of kept the one I had, instead of selling it.
If my computer doesn’t last until 2016 or 2017, I might be stuck using my hackintosh.
Also I like the pins on the CPU, that way I only have to replace the CPU, if the pins get bent. With Intel, you’d have to replace the whole motherboard. I guess if you don’t upgrade your CPU it doesn’t matter.